My dad is a man of many colors.
- he sing songs rock songs from the 80s in a very nasally voice
- as a small child he made me believe that he was in the army by saying "I learned this in the army" after 50% of the stuff he would show me
- he rocks the bed head look
- you creep into his room at night thinking he's asleep, then randomly out of nowhere he'll say "Mama? Dadda?"
- when he wakes up he tells you "Good Mormon" instead of the normal "Good Morning"
- I've never seen a tear drop out of his eye, but on more than one occasion I've seen him get a little emotional to the point where his eyes glaze over
- he went and saw Hunger Games by himself because he loved the books so much
- he can win against anyone in a sarcasm contest
- I have to make sure people know that he's kidding after he makes a joke in public
- one time while looking at my profile picture on Facebook he said "That's the picture you choose to show to the world?"
- He makes fun of anyone who attempts/does/has done the duck face
- he's a really laid back relaxed guy
- and he's one of my heroes
My dad has struggled with cancer the last 4 years of my life.
He's been through hell and back and he's still trying to make it through, but he has gone through it with his game face on.
He has been through so much pain, so much hurt, and so much change but he manages to end up on top every single day. I love him for his bravery, his courage and for the fact that after all this, he is still able to smile.